Automatic Transmission Troubleshooting - how to resolve problems?
Eliminate breakage of the automatic transmissionIf you own a car with an automatic transmission, then you probably at least once had problems in the form of its problems, which is why it is necessary to stock up on knowledge and skills to eliminate breakdowns of the automatic transmission. It will help you not to incur big money and time losses at the elimination of breakages, for which scammers from car services take money, but which does not really exist. Therefore, it is very important to learn to understand the issue of problems that may occur in the automatic transmission and possible to master the skills to resolve it. This important information for each car owner you can learn in this article. So, learn the next steps. If you suddenly have troubles with the automatic transmission, do not despair that you will have to pay a decent amount of money to fix it. It is always possible to diagnose the problem yourself and try to fix the problem. If the failure was serious and you can not afford to fix it yourself, knowledge of information about what it is will be very useful when applying for help in the car service.
Phase one. Diagnostic problem. Automatic transmission troubleshootingNo one can notice that something is wrong in the work of the car more quickly than its owner. Even if the problem is minor, you will always feel that your car is not working as usual. If this happens, try to understand exactly what the problem is. This can be done by checking if there are wet spots on the ground under your car that may indicate a leak, pay special attention to how the gearshift occurs when changing speed. Below is the information that will help you in diagnosing the causes of problems in your car:
Problem 1: leaking transmission fluid. The reasons:
- the breakdown of the pallet gasket;
- the flow of the pallet;
- the problems in the seals;
- the rusting of the pallet bolts;
- the breakdown of the torque converter.
- install the new gasket, pan, seals;
- replace the bolts of the pan;
- fix the damage the converter.
Problem 2: excessive heating of the transmission. The reasons:
- liquid level below acceptable;
- burnt liquid;
- foreign objects entering the transmission fluid cooler;
- towing or hot weather;
- broken solenoid.
- increase the level of fluid in the transmission;
- pour new fluid into the transmission;
- unclog cooler line;
- eliminate breakage of the solenoid.
Problem 3: the emergence of uncharacteristic noise. The reasons:
- the level of liquid below the permissible;
- breakage in the converter.
- to raise the liquid level to valid;
- replace the converter.
Problem 4: no forward or reverse slipping gears. The reasons:
- low fluid level;
- solenoid problems;
- the old gears;
- transmission band problems;
- damage to the discs of the clutch.
- raise the fluid level;
- fix the solenoid;
- repair gears;
- eliminate breakages of bands;
- replace the discs if the clutch.
Problem 5: delayed or erratic shift. The reason:
- wrong use of fluid;
- violation of the integrity of vacuum lines.
- switch to correct ATF;
- eliminate breakage of vacuum lines.